Aavegotchi Forge Launches
The Aavegotchi Forge went live on Wednesday, February 22nd. Players can now start Forging and Smelting to level up their skills as a blacksmith! Schematics, Cores, and Geodes are also live for trading in the Aavegotchi Auction House, and Dapp Baazaar!
Sandeep Proclaims Aavegotchis The CryptoPunks of Polygon
Co-Founder of Polygon, Sandeep Nailwal has proclaimed Aavegotchis the CryptoPunks of Polygon! He tweeted the sentiment out along with a photo of his grail Gotchi. We have to agree with Sandeep, Gotchis are as OG as it gets on Polygon!
Rarity Farming Season 5 Rounds 1 & 2
Rarity Farming Season 5 is well underway, with two of the four onchain leaderboard snapshots already completed! 375k GHST in rewards was distributed each round to the top 7,500 Gotchis across the categories of Rarity, Kinship, and XP. There’s still two more snapshots to come, frens so ready your Gotchis! See our blog for moar info on Rarity Farming Season 5.
GotchiGang at ETH Denver
GotchiGang was stronk at ETH Denver! A DAO funded team led by Pixelcraft Studio’s Director of Physical Goods, Lost Local were in Denver hosting the Gotchi Lodge 2023, participating in panels, interviewing attendees, giving out swag, and spreading the Gotchi Gospel far and wide!
Polygon Game On
The Gotchiverse was featured as part of Polygon Gaming’s Polygon Game On initiative showcasing 24 of the best games in the ecosystem over 24 days! Powered by Indi GG DAO and Galxe, 600+ frens were able to experience the Gotchiverse totally for free using Naked Gotchis.
Gotchizone at Polycon 2023
Aavegotchi was well represented at Polycon 2023! The virtual event hosted by our frens at PolyDoge featured amazing panels and lots of interesting areas to explore. We even had a dedicated Gotchizone at the event where new frens were able to walk around and learn about the Aavegotchi protocol!
Nine Core Proposals Passed
The AavegotchiDAO had an extremely active February, reaching quorum on nine important core proposals! The following AGIPs passed through the AavegotchiDAO this month:
- AGIP 59 - 2023 DTF Budget Request
- AGIP 60 - Gotchi Lodge 2023
- AGIP 61 - Launching the Aavegotchi Forge
- AGIP 62 - Infinity Keys X Aavegotchi Paartnership
- AGIP 63 - Aavegotchi X The Sandbox
- AGIP 64 - Close the GHST Bonding Curve
- AGIP 65 - Split Curve DAI 25/25/25/25
- AGIP 66 - Form and Fund the Curve Transition Team
- AGIP 67 - Curve Transition Plan - Securing Funds for Liquidity
Major Gotchiverse Release
A major Gotchiverse Release was shipped in February! Highlights of the release include:
- A new Gotchiverse landing page
- Player Wallet which allows for users to deposit/withdraw Alchemica into a gasless, Gotchiverse specific in-game wallet used for super chat, tipping, and upcoming in-game features
- Super Chat which allows players to make it rain alchemica with a message broadcasted to all players.
Enter the Gotchiverse and check out all that the release has to offer!
Aavegotchi Twitter Spaces
Every Wednesday at 9pm EST / 2am SGT we host a Twitter Spaces on the official Aavegotchi Twitter account! February’s Spaces included:
- Supernets - Polygon’s Next Big Thing
- Polygon NFTs Explosion | Next Level
- Polycon Extravaganza! Polygon fam's virtual conference meet n greet
DM the official Aavegotchi Twitter account if you’re interested in joining one of our spaces, or simply tune in and raise your hand!
Aavegotchi Explores Den
We hosted another DAO Tooling stream on the official Aavegotchi Youtube channel last week! This time we explored Den’s faster multisig signing and execution tools. Click here to watch a recording of the livestream!
February was a month full of amazing growth for the Aavegotchi Protocol, and we're not planning on slowing down! Here's a sneak peak of March:
A Preview of March:
- Turning off the GHST Bonding Curve
- Rarity Farming Season 5 Continues
- Continuous Bug Fixes/Optimizations
- Moar Aavegotchi Twitter Spaces
- Much Moar
Stay spooky frens,
Aavegotchi is an open-source, community owned NFT gaming protocol, enabling true asset ownership for gamers. Aavegotchi NFTs are on-chain collectible ghosts staked with Aave’s interest-generating aTokens.
Compete for player rewards by earning XP, leveling up, and increasing the rarity of your Aavegotchi fren. Aavegotchi is governed by the AavegotchiDAO and the native eco-governance token GHST. Visit Aavegotchi.com today and join the future of DeFi-staked NFT avatars!
Official Wiki: https://wiki.aavegotchi.com/